Location Information & Registration
I’m Kerriann Tyson-Jones, Head of Camp Asia at Cognita, and I’d like to thank you for considering Camp Asia as a fantastic camp activity for your child.
It’s my responsibility to plan all of the camps, and ensure that everything runs smoothly … not least the safety and enjoyment of your children and your satisfaction and peace of mind. I hope you’ve had a good look around the site, but to ensure your kids are ready for camp I’ve got together all the relevant information you’ll need on one handy page. Here goes:
Summer Camp 18th June to 3rd August 2018
Stamford American International School
1 Woodleigh Lane (off Upper Serangoon Road), Singapore 357684
Drop off and Pick up by taxi
For Pick-ups and Drop Offs via other mode of transport such as bus and MRT, please enter the school via GATE 1 for security clearance. Then please go to the Ground floor for Camp Asia registration and pick-up.
For parking, please also enter via Gate 1 for security clearance. Then park at the basement at Level 1 and head to L2 for Camp Asia registration and pick-up.
- Woodleigh MRT stop on the North East Line.
- Take Exit B, walk straight and turn right on Woodleigh Lane.
Buses: You can take Bus numbers 13, 100, 107, 107M, 133, 135, 147, 155, 853, 853C and NR6 buses. They all stop outside the front gate of the main campus.
- With our free extended hours you can drop your kids off anytime from 8:15 am.
- Please make sure they’re with us by 8:45 am to allow plenty of time to get settled and for them to get to their activities by 9am.
- All children taking Camp Asia buses to camp will be escorted from the bus bay to the Camp Asia drop off and sign in area by Camp Asia Staff.
- Parents, Guardians and Teaching Assistants must sign their kids in and out.
- The last activity finishes at 2.45 pm and kids need to be collected at 3.00 pm. Some may be a few minutes late back to the collection point depending on their last activity location. Everyone must be picked up by 3:15 pm latest.
- All kids taking Camp Asia buses home will be signed out by their Teaching Assistant and escorted down to the bus bay on to the Camp Asia buses. Buses leave at 3.10 pm each day after afternoon snack.
- If you’re running late, please call us to let staff know.
- Please sign your child in when you drop off and sign them out at the end of the day by keying in your child's date of birth. If you ask someone else to collect them who isn’t on the information you’ve supplied to us, please contact us with their full name and ID number.
What to wear
- Loose and comfortable clothing (Camp Asia T-shirt is recommended for daily use).
- Sporty attire, trainers or sneakers for safety.
- Flip flops not allowed.
- Please, no rolling wheel shoes on camp!
What to bring
All kids should bring the following, clearly marked with their names:
- Sun hat, spare socks and T-shirt.
- Refillable drink bottle. We’ll fill them several times a day.
- Sun cream (We encourage the use of SPF 30+ broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen).
- Super Chef: Tupperware for food they cook.
- Sports Stars and Multi-Activity: Swimming outfit, towel and goggles.
- We encourage parents to apply sun-screen onto their kids before they arrive on Camp. TA's will supervise the application of sun-cream during the day when needed.
What not to bring
- Money, cellphones and other valuables. We will not be held responsible for any lost items.
Lunch and snacks
- A healthy morning and afternoon snack, lunch and drink will be provided.
- We have a NO NUT policy in our schools so if you’re giving your kid anything to eat on camp, please make sure it’s nut-free.
- We can offer no-beef, no-pork, no-seafood, no-egg, no-dairy, gluten free and vegetarian meals on request. Please check your requirements when booking online.
- If you have other dietary requirements please make sure you add these to the form too. We’ll do our best to cater for these needs, but will let you know if this isn’t possible, in which case you’ll need to pack food to bring in.
- We can’t heat food for lunches that are brought in.
Camp Asia kit
- Camp Asia will hand out T-shirts and extra merchandize ordered on the first day of each camp week during their first activity.
- If the T-shirt does not fit, please go to the Infomation desk where we’ll change it for a different size.
- For you kids’ health, we do like to err on the side of caution, not least with the rise in the reported cases of Foot and Mouth disease and Mycoplasma. Please be diligent in managing their health and don’t bring them to camp if they’re ill (temperature over 37.6° Celsius) or have been exposed to an illness or a virus. We must all play an active part in minimizing the spread of diseases amongst our kids.
A qualified nurse experienced with working with kids will be on campus at all times. All staff have been certified with the following medical training and can provide the appropriate treatment:
- First Aid
- CPR Training
- EpiPen Practical Training
- Anaphylaxis E-Training
EpiPens & medicine
Children have to bring their EpiPens or medicines (if any) in a large zip-lock bag with their name and dosage information clearly marked. Please include a copy of your allergy Action Plan with their EpiPen. These items will be given to the nurse and kept at the Nurses’ Station for the entire week of camp. Please ensure the expiration date is valid, out of date Epi-Pens will not be accepted onsite. At the end of the week, the labeled bag will be returned to your child to bring home.
For any reason you need to call us when the camps are in session, please contact our hotline at +65 6593 3691.
Head of Camp Asia